Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Year

I went back to work after 2 and a half months off. After that much time without working it is an exhausting transition to get up early and actually work. The exhaustion aside I am excited. I get to teach kids math. How cool is that.
My goals for the new year are this:
1. Establish good routines in my classroom.
2. Be firm and consistent with rules.
3. Focus on students ability to think about math.

How I will measure my success:

1. Students will enter and exit the room in an orderly fashion.
2. Amount of time spent arguing with students.
3. I'm not sure exactly how to measure this. I am going to have to think about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to ask how are you coming with the goals you set for classroom management and student achievement? I'm really glad I found your blog as I'm entering the BCTR program in January, so the perspective of someone in the classroom and what they're struggling with is really helpful in terms of setting realistic expectations for myself. I'm really inspired though by your continued committment and enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

Bravo, very good idea

Anonymous said...

I'm applying to the BCTR as well and I'm curious if you have any advice? I've heard stories about teaching in Baltimore and it seems like your blog pretty much confirmed it. I'd be teaching early childhood education though.